Quick Description: One of the most highly regarded GI stool tests to assess for gut microbes, digestion, absorption, inflammation, and immune function.
*THIS TEST IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE ALLERGY10 DISCOUNT
- Any and all Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Autoimmune disease
- Weak immune function
- Food sensitivities/allergies
- Chronic nasal/sinus issues
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Brain fog
- Joint pain
- Skin problems
More than ever before, we are keenly aware of the health benefits or disease risks brought about by the microorganisms that inhabit the human body. The Gastrointestinal Microbial Assay Plus (GI-MAP™) is an innovative clinical tool that measures gastrointestinal microbiota DNA from a single stool sample with state of the art, quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR or real-time PCR) technology. The GI-MAP was designed to detect microbes that may be disturbing normal microbial balance or contributing to illness as well as indicators of digestion, absorption, inflammation, and immune function.
What does the GI-MAP™include?
The biomarkers from the GI-MAP™ provide key clinical information for three main gastrointestinal functional areas:
- Pancreatic Elastase-1 is a marker of pancreatic function.
- Steatocrit (Fecal Fat) is a marker of fat breakdown and absorption.
- Beta-glucaronidase is a marker of unfavorable dysbiosis or interference with Phase II detoxification.
- Occult Fecal Blood is a marker of inflammation, internal bleeding, IBD, and cancer.
- Calprotectin is a marker of neutrophil-driven inflammation.
- Fecal Secretory IgA is a marker of our first line of immune defense in our gut.
- Zonulin is a marker for intestinal barrier permeability, commonly known as leaky gut.
- Gut Microbiome:
- Bacteria: H. pylori, Bacteroides fragilis, Bifidobacterium spp., Enterococcus spp., Escherichia spp., Lactobacillus spp., Clostridium spp., Enterobacter spp.
- Parasites: Cryptosporidium Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia, Blastocystis hominis, Chilomastix mesnili, Cyclospora spp., Dientamoeba fragilis, Entamoeba coli, Endolimax nana, Pentatrichomonas hominis
- Viruses: Adenovirus 40/41, Norovirus GI/GII, Cytomegalovirus, Epstein Barr Virus
- Worms: hookworm, roundworm, tapeworm, whipworm
- Fungi/Yeast: candida albicans and candida spp., Geotrichum spp., Microsporidia spp., Rhodotorula spp.
- Normal/commensal bacteria
- Opportunistic bacteria